A federal judge sentenced Apollo Nida’s female accomplice to 5 years and 1 month in a federal prison on Wednesday.
Reports Sandra Rose:
The AJC’s Rodney Ho reports Nida’s co-conspirator Gayla St. Julien pled guilty to conspiracy to commit mail, wire and bank fraud and aggravated identity theft, resulting in a 61-month prison sentence.
St. Julien, 44, and Nida worked together from 2009 until 2013. She did most of the leg work while following Nida’s instructions.
Nida is negotiating a plea deal with prosecutors that will send him to prison for no less than 5 years, according to legal sources.
Nida, who stars on Real Housewives of Atlanta with his wife Phaedra Parks, was arrested in January and charged with bank fraud and identity theft.
St. Julien, who “described herself as NIDA’s ‘right hand b*tch in the indictment, told prosecutors she received “scraps” compared to how much Nida pocketed.
According to the updated complaint filed this past Monday, Nida created two fake collection agencies to gain access to databases “in order to obtain unlimited access to the personal identifiers of others.”
Allegedly, he then:
– rented dozens of mailboxes at UPS stores and other places under various aliases, including the names of identity theft victims.
– created counterfeit drivers’ licenses and other ID, applied for and received unclaimed funds from state governments impersonating the true owners.
– applied and received refunds due former homeowners from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
– purchased checks, including U.S. Treasury checks, from others knowing they were stolen and fraudulently obtained.
– created fake auto dealerships to obtain auto loan approvals using stolen identities.
– opened personal and business accounts at financial institutions using stolen identities to launder stolen and fraudulently obtained proceeds.
Parks, a local attorney, was not named in the federal indictments against St. Julien.
This is EbenGregory.com…telling you “the homies” gonna read this and probably be like, “Club fed not terrible but u gonna do about 90% of that time.”